Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Do charities run like they should?

Most charities are just like any corporation. They speculate to accumulate, the bigger they are the less scrupulous they have become. Look at Big Issue. A worthy enough idea when it set out but now it is a career for Rumanian immigrants and Big Issue is content to leave it at that. I support a small charity that runs a school in Uganda because I know the people who set it up but I do not support any other for the reasons people have stated here. Mind you, my pension is paid by a charity voluntary organisation for which I worked many years and that was revelation in graft and waste. The attitude there is if we don't squander all the money we have received this year, we might not get as much next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment